1997-present Peak Engineering Ltd., Maple Ridge,B.C.
1994-1997 Klohn-Crippen Consultants Ltd., Richmond, B.C.
1990-1994 PBK Engineering Ltd.,Vancouver, B.C.
1989-1990 Ministry of Transportation, Burnaby, B.C.
1986-1989 Kaiser Engineers Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1984-1986 Geiger Associates Ltd., Vancouver, B.C.
1981-1984 PBK Engineering Ltd., Vancouver, B.C.
Mr. Lytton is a principal and senior structural engineer for Peak
Engineering Ltd. with over 30 years of engineering design and project management.
Project experience includes building structures, bridges, transit facilities and special structures.
University of British Columbia
B. A.Sc. in Civil Engineering in 1979
M. Eng. in Structural Engineering in 1981
Registered Professional Engineer in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington
Engineering design and inspection for numerous residential and commercial projects.
Typical Structural Design Projects
- Wood-frame buildings, residential and commercial
- Masonry buildings
- Log homes in various B.C. locations
- “Green” garage roof
- Petro-Canada Station, 22nd. & Marine, West Vancouver (1998) Design engineer for new masonry-block service building, including engineered lintels, glulam beams and reinforced-concrete retaining walls and foundation.
- Maple Ridge “Motor Sports” Building, Maple Ridge (1998) Design
engineer for masonry-block wall addition to existing building on Lougheed Hwy. in Maple Ridge, including foundations.
- “Triple Tree Nursery” Masonry wall, Maple Ridge (1995) Design
engineer for new greenhouse canopy masonry block wall support. Special L-shaped footing design was required to accommodate very tight property line location.
- Modular homes and mobile trailers in B.C. and Washington
- SIP (Structural Insulated Panel) buildings in BC and Alberta
- Pre-fabricated Steel and Quonset sheds to BC code.
- Specialty product, Kall-wall translucent wall panels to BC code
- Condition survey of fire-damaged residences
- Remedial design of existing residential and commercial buildings to BC Code
- Design review of loading of solar panels onto existing roof
- Frame-in elevator installation into existing residence
- Design review of existing greenhouses
- Design of a rancher into a two-storey residence
- Foundation design for propane storage tank
- Review of modified Bridge Launching Truss (increase span from 125 to 150 feet)
- Review of various industrial sludge settling tanks
- Structural review of weighbin tank modifications
- Retrofit and design of new steel superstructure of 15’w x 72′ long skewed bridge over salmon creek
- Design of 12’w x 42′ long single span I girder bridge (no piers in creek) over salmon creek
- Analysis of existing rail-car bridge over creek for firetruck and excavator loading prior to subdivision development.
- New access road with 34′ wide x 10′ long precast concrete slab band bridge needed over GVRD force-main in Pitt Meadows Airport.
- In-house design and drafting of 12m span concrete slab access bridges to commercial development in Port Coquitlam
- Project manager and chief bridge engineer for replacement design bridges (50m) for Nanaimo St. and Lakewood Dr. in Vancouver
- Bridge design engineer responsible for rehabilitation of over 75 bridges in Hanoi City, Vietnam
- Design of pedestrian culvert underpass for Pitt Meadows Airport 2000
- Inspection services and engineering review for 1997 Pitt Meadows Capital Works program; new paving, road widening and waterline installation projects
- Inspection services to investigate pile driving effects for subdivision. Pitt Meadows
- Crack investigation and remedial repair for Hemlock Valley Dam and ski lift foundations
- Design engineer for seven Sign companies-
designing, reviewing and retrofitting sign
structures. Tallest sign structure has been over 22m high.
- Structural review and foundation design for various outdoor sculptures.
- Structural review of new steel “bio-bed” tank. St. Regis Sewage Treatment Plant, Ontario
- Structural design of GVRD water pollution tank, Abbotsford
- Expo ’86 Foreshore Structure, Vancouver, B. C. (1985 – 1986) Design of foreshore structure for Expo ’86 to support pavilion and truck loading, including timber piles (severe soil conditions), pile load-testing, piers and concrete box stringers.
- Expo ’86 Structures, Vancouver, B. C. (1985) Project engineer for design of special 13m radius, triangular-truss steel hoop structures for Expo ’86 Corporation, preparation of specifications, shop inspection and site inspection.
- Canada Harbour Place, Vancouver, B. C. (1984) Structural design of cable-supported fabric roof for Expo ’86 Canadian pavilion and present Vancouver Convention Centre (cables, anchorages and Weldment design.)
- Canada Place Cruiseship Gangway, Vancouver, B. C. (1989) Project engineer for redesign of cruiseship walkway/gangway structure (steel truss) at Canada Harbour Place cruiseship facility in Vancouver to replace a previous structure.
- Waterfront Floating Breakwater, Portland, Oregon (1984) Detailed flotation design for reinforced concrete hollow-core breakwater at Portland for Bellingham Marine Industries.
- Citrus Bowl Stadium Expansion, Orlando, Florida (1988) Structural design review of upper-deck expansion of 60,000 seat Citrus Bowl Stadium in Florida, using precast concrete columns, girder and seating units (with longitudinal post-tensioning) on new spread footings.
- Swine-Rearing Facility, Abbotsford, B. C. (1993) Detailed structural design of new 20,000 sq. m. hog-rearing structure for Taiwanese client in the Fraser Valley. Timber frame structure with precast and cast-in-place concrete substructure. Roof structure consists of over 1000 prefabricated timber
- Concord Pacific Seawall Structures, Vancouver, B.C. (1993) Project Engineer detail design and design review of piled deck/retained-earth structures for Concord Pacific Developments Ltd., in False Creek area.
- Barge-Loading Facility, Port Alice, B.C. (1993) Project engineer for condition survey, analysis and retrofit for existing steel space-truss barge loading structure for Imasco Minerals.
- Alcan Conveyor Galleries, Kitimat, B.C. (1993) Design engineer for design of new conveyor galleries (2 steel box trusses 75m long) for Alcan in Kitimat. Duties included complete design, retrofit of existing penthouses and design capacity review of existing structures. Design scheme was selected for
cost effectiveness and ease of construction to suit critical project shutdown schedule.
- Eburne Sawmill Inspection, Vancouver, B.C. (1989) Detailed structural inspection of timber-frame sawmill structure built in early 1900’s. Duties included site inspection, review of all available structure information, structure evaluation, and final report to client.